Blog

Search | Archive | Categories
I've been trying to upgrade my PHP from 4.0.6 to 4.3.1 on RedHat 8.0. And after fooling around for awhile with it, I finally got it all working.

First, I configured php with:

configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-mysql --with-mbstring=all

When I did a make, I got the following error:

php-4.3.1/ext/mysql/libmysql/my_tempnam.c:104: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

So, I commented out the offending line. It then compiled to the end, but a 'make install' had this error:

sh: line 1: /usr/lib/httpd/build/instdso.sh: No such file or directory

Apparently, RedHat is missing this file. So I downloaded the file from here.

Then the 'make install' worked fine. Boy, so much trouble to upgrade to the latest PHP.

Links:
tempnam problem
instdso.sh problem

Posted: 2003-04-24 19:58:16


<< J2EE Programming ClassTechnology is neat when it works >>

RSS/XML