|Search | Archive | Categories|
$20 billion a month in Q1 (Jan) 2018
$30 billion a month in Q2 (April) 2018
$40 billion a month in Q3 (July) 2018
$50 billion a month in Q4 (Oct) 2018
$50 billion a month in 2019+
Fed’s QE Unwind Marches Forward Relentlessly
All Federal Reserve Banks: Total Assets
Posted: 2018-03-28 20:15:41
- Oil dwarfs all other commodities with a $1.72 trillion market size
- The entire metals market (iron, copper, aluminum, zinc, etc) is $660 billion
- Gold is $170 billion and silver is $20 billion
History of petrodollar
- Bretton Woods international monetary system established in 1944
- US Dollar became world reserve currency backed by 20,000 tonnes of gold
- Dollar pegged to gold at $35/oz
- Inflation (esp in late 1960's) caused the value of dollar to decline and value of gold to rise
- Foreigners depleted US gold reserves to 8,100 tonnes to buy the cheap gold
- Nixon lifted gold backing from dollar in 1971 to stop the gold hemorrhage
- Agreements made with Saudi Arabia to create petrodollar in exchange for House of Saud regime support in 1971 and 1973
- OPEC oil is quoted and traded in US dollars. OPEC controls 81% of world reserves.
- Instead of dollar backed by gold, the dollar is backed by oil. All major oil purchases by any country must use dollars.
- If dollar is no longer backed by oil, dollar will lose reserve currency status and lose value
Rise of petroyuan
- In 2017, China became world's largest importer of oil
- Petroyuan launch on March 26, 2018
- Petroyuan will be convertable to gold
- Petroyuan will be embraced by countries hit/threatened with sanctions - Russia, Libya, Iran, Iraq, Venezuela
China sees new world order with oil benchmark backed by gold
Timing the Collapse: Ron Paul Says Watch the Petrodollar
Petrodollar: System, History, How It Recycles, Will It Collapse?
Here’s How We Got Here: A Short Primer On The History Of The Petrodollar
The Oil Market is Bigger Than All Metal Markets Combined
An Excellent Explanation of the Petrodollar System
The Rise And Fall Of The Petrodollar System
The Great Inflation
The inflation nightmare that terrifies central bankers actually happened in the late-1960s
History of Oil
China Takes Crude Crown as Output Lags Behind Rising Demand
The Rise Of The Petroyuan
China’s long-heralded crude oil futures contract to start trading March 26
Petro-Yuan Rising: The Must-Read Truth Behind China’s Plan to Dethrone the Dollar
China plans to break petrodollar stranglehold
American Energy Dominance And The Rise of The Petro-Yuan
PetroYuan Futures Open - Over 10 BillIon Notional Trades In First Hour
Shanghai International Energy Exchange
Posted: 2018-03-25 23:00:04
Posted: 2018-03-25 21:04:45
Posted: 2018-03-23 22:20:42
"A state within a state or a deep state is a political situation in a country when an internal organ ("deep state"), such as the armed forces or public authorities (intelligence agencies, police, secret police, administrative agencies, and branches of government bureaucracy), does not respond to the civilian political leadership."
"an intensely secretive, informal, fluid network of deep politicians whose deep state milieux effectively amplify their influence over national governments."
"A body of people, typically influential members of government agencies or the military, believed to be involved in the secret manipulation or control of government policy."
"The Deep State is shorthand for the nexus of secretive intelligence agencies whose leaders and policies are not much affected by changes in the White House or the Congress. While definitions vary, the Deep State includes the CIA, NSA, Defense Intelligence Agency, and components of the State Department, Justice Department, Department of Homeland Security, and the armed forces."
"Any network of entrenched government officials who function independently from elected politicians and work toward their own ends."
"Individuals and institutions who exercise power independent of—and sometimes over—civilian political leaders. They applied it mainly to developing countries like Algeria, Pakistan, Egypt and Turkey, where generals and spies called the real shots in nominally democratic societies and replaced elected leaders when they saw fit."
"Career employees inside a government are working together to secretly manipulate government policy and undermine elected leaders or political appointees."
"The term was actually coined in Turkey, and is said to be a system composed of high-level elements within the intelligence services, military, security, judiciary, and organized crime."
"Citizens in Turkey, where the term originated, have long worried about the derin devlet (“deep state”), which refers to a network of individuals in different branches of government, with links to retired generals and organised crime, that existed without the knowledge of high-ranking military officers and politicians."
"Elites inside and outside the government wield power not assigned to them by the Constitution, irrespective of the will of voters"
"People in the White House, the Pentagon, the State and Justice departments, Congress, and the intelligence community are leaking to the press because they have no choice in an administration where officials have unexplained links with Russia, an array of conflicts of interest, and have promoted soft forms of white nationalism and fascism that threaten basic ideals of American democracy."
"a nexus of institutions—the intelligence agencies, the military, powerful financial interests, Silicon Valley, various federal bureaucracies—that, they believe, are conspiring to smear and stymie a President and bring him low."
Posted: 2018-03-22 22:15:22
Posted: 2018-02-24 01:29:27
Posted: 2018-02-24 00:10:13
- Prevent hoarding of cash
- Force people to put money in banking system
- Prop up fractional reserve banking system
- Easier for governments to track purchases
- Allows banks to have negative interest rates
- Prevent bank runs
- More money for bail-ins
- Credit card transaction fees
- Gather purchasing data
- Avoid tax evasion (black market transactions)
- Collect bank account fees
- Prevent bank robberies
- Easier to move to a government backed cryptocurrency
How do banks/governments prevent use of cash?
- Ban large denominations
- Ban cash for certain transactions
- Difficult to withdraw large sums of cash from bank
- Difficult to transfer money overseas
- Propoganda (cash is only used for drugs, bribes, illegal activity)
- Fewer ATM machines
What are advantages of cash?
- Can be used when there is no power, no cellphone service
- Cash is accepted everywhere, by everybody
- Cannot trace transactions
- Not vulnerable to bail-ins
- No need to have a bank account
- No transaction fees
How to defend against war on cash?
- Gold, silver
- Hoard cash
- Convert to other currency
The Global War on Cash
The War On Cash
The War on Cash: Transparently Totalitarian
The US government's war on cash
Posted: 2018-02-21 23:46:18
Posted: 2018-02-21 22:21:03
On Jan 3, the Fed reported the interbank lending level had crashed to 13.237. Since then, they've discontinued the interbank loan chart and ERASED the Jan number. Fortunately, I captured the chart here. Why would they discontinue the chart? Why would they erase the data? Why would the Fed cover it up? Is there a major crisis that they don't want us to know about?
Posted: 2018-02-19 23:39:27
|<< Newer posts||Older posts >>|