It was incredibly easy to get PHP working on the Zaurus. I just followed the directions and it was up.
Installing Mysql was a little more difficult with the Crow ROM. But I did the following and then it worked:
1. uninstall mysql
2. mkdir /usr/lib/mysql
3. ln -s /usr/lib/mysql /var/lib/mysql
4. install mysql
5. edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf
– change pid-file=/usr/lib/mysql/mysqld.pid
– change datadir=/usr/lib/mysql
6. edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql
– change pid_file=/usr/lib/mysql/mysqld.pid
After getting PHP and MySQL running, I installed phpMyAdmin and it worked right away.
Is there anything that the Zaurus cannot do? I’m constantly impressed by the capabilities of this little machine.